Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ETrust inoculateIT 6.0 realmon.exe on citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

mplsupport

IS-IT--Management
Dec 12, 2002
US
I am looking for a solution. I recently purchased ETrust InoculateIT from my vendor who assured me that it will work on my citrix server. I followed the install directions on the CA website at . No Problems during the install. The problem is now each session loads realmon.exe thus sucking all the life from the cpu. Is there a way to prevent this? enigma99 had posted that there is a registry setting to remove but left no more detail than that. Any idea what this setting is?

Thank You

Chad

I do not know InOcculate. However I do know that you wouldn't want a virusscanner on your (static-data) Citrix server. If you must, the best way is to install the software and disable it during working hours. Scan the drives in the evening for example.

Ok, I found it on my own.. No problem i'll post it here.

This is the FAQ's site at CA support:
scroll down to

01/08/02 Q: My CPU utilization goes up significantly on my terminal server as users start to open sessions. The process running high is the realmon.exe. How can I stop this without losing my realtime scanning?

Chad

We had the same problem when we were running Innoculan, we never found a solution and CA never provided one. In the end, we changed the AV product to Sophos, which works very well and we have had Zero problems with this. It's also cheaper than Innoculan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back