Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Etrust Antivirus Scanreport

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxxheight

IS-IT--Management
Jun 17, 2004
US
I run CA ETrust 7.1 on our Windows 2003 server running Exchange 2003. I have the mail agent enabled and it scans every mail before the end user sees it. If an e-mail comes in with a viral attachment, the mail agent allows the mail to go on to the end user, but strips the viral attachment and replaces it with a txt file that lets the end user know what the name of the virus was in the original e-mail. These e-mails with the txt file are pretty useless and not really needed, but I cannot find any way to have the mail agent stop sending them.

Does anyone know how to stop these e-mails from being generated?

Thanks

Mark

Mark J. Sheffield
America's PowerSports

I have this same issue with newly installed Exchange with 7.1 Etrust. Found a resolution on this?

Afraid I have not found a solution to it yet, but sure wish that I could. It would eliminate about 2000 e-mails a day that my end users have been getting.

Mark

Mark J. Sheffield
America's PowerSports

I will exhaust all my possible remedies and let you know if I come up with something. Thanks for the timely response.

Any luck? I've been trying to find out the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back