Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

eTrust 7, problem adding win 98 client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manteon

Technical User
Feb 10, 2004
GB

Hi All,

We're evaluating eTrust 7. Most of our clients are win 98, the server and admin client are running on Win 2K machines.

When trying to add a Win 98 machine to the organization, I get prompted for a username and password, and when I try all the usernames and passwords on the client I get "Access Denined (5)".

Since it's Win98, I didn't think I'd get a problem with security as there's very little to secure on it.. ?

I've tried entering the username as "machine\username" but no change. The machines do not login to a domain, as such they are 'local' logons - could this be the issue?

In this case, eTrust will never work for us but would Symantec give us the same problem?

We will be upgrading to XP in the future, but that could be as far as 6 months away.

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Stuart.

Hi

Did you create the ino.sam files in the Admin Console before installing W9X machine?

This file contain an user and password to install the AV7 to W9X machine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back