Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ethernet Routing Switch 4548GT-PWR POE

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwtmint

Technical User
Jun 6, 2012
US
I have 2 Ethernet Routing Switch 4548GT-PWR stacked with my Nortel BCM, I am having some trouble configuring the routing to all PC's to connect to the IP Phone port for regular network access. I have looked all over and can not find any documentation regarding these switches. Does anyone know of a location i can download some PDF docs or tutorials. Or suggestions on how to configure the settings to allow traffic from these switches to my network for PC IP's.

Can you console onto the switches at least?

Here is some config I made on some 4548s once upon a time:

! *** VLAN ***
!
vlan name 1 "Default"
vlan create 42 name "Voice" type port
vlan create 52 name "Data" type port
vlan ports 1/1-47 tagging unTagPvidOnly filter-untagged-frame disable filter-unregistered-frames enable priority 0
vlan ports 1/48 tagging tagAll filter-untagged-frame enable filter-unregistered-frames enable priority 0
vlan ports 2/1-47 tagging unTagPvidOnly filter-untagged-frame disable filter-unregistered-frames enable priority 0
vlan ports 2/48 tagging tagAll filter-untagged-frame enable filter-unregistered-frames enable priority 0
vlan members 1 NONE
vlan members 42 1/ALL,2/ALL
vlan members 52 1/ALL,2/ALL
vlan ports 1/1-47 pvid 52
vlan ports 1/48 pvid 1
vlan ports 2/1-47 pvid 52
vlan ports 2/48 pvid 1

"pvid" is means, "this is the boss-VLAN on this port"
so, "untagpvidonly" means, 802.1q trunk with the boss-VLAN as native

Your edge ports are therefore "untagpvidonly" with Data-VLAN as native and Voice-VLAN tagged.
Your trunk ports are "tagall"

So, the order is:
- define your VLANs
- define 802.1q trunk or access port
- make each port a member in each VLAN it needs to pass
- define which VLAN is PVID on each port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back