Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ethernet frame format reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciscosis

Technical User
Oct 26, 2001
US
anyone run across a good study guide conatining a list of frame formats with diagrams. I am studying for MY CCIE and I have not found any good guide regarding frame types.

I seem to remember the CCIE LAN Switching book having good reference to some frame formats. The book costs about £50 but is great for detailed learning (I seem to remember 150 pages of STP alone)

Tell me what frame formats you would want to know about and I will check my vast collection of CCIE study books and tell you which one would be your best bet

Daniel Bowen,

Radia Perlman's Interconnections 2nd Edition has all the frame formats you could hope for, it covers all the major protocols and lays out byte by byte maps for the frame for each routing protocol. I use this book as the textbook for a Digital Communications class for the local community college, it is in-depth and I believe is close to the top on the recommended reading list for the CCIE anyway. All in all a good investment, although my students claim that most of it is way over their heads. ;-)

Good Luck,

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back