Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ETERNAL HOLD..........CICS VS. FLASH

Status
Not open for further replies.

TECHTASH

Technical User
Jul 28, 2003
US
MY CICS IS NOT FORWARDING TO MY STARTALK FLASH... AFTER THE AA SYSTEM PICKS UP AND MAKES THE GREETING IT PLACES A PERSON ON HOLD... THEY CAN NOT DIAL OUT AND ARE NOT FORWARDED TO VOICEMAIL...THE CALL IS ON ETERNAL HOLD IF NOONE IS AVAILABLE TO PICK UP.....HELP!!!!!!!!!!! SO PEOPLE END UP HANGING UP ....

Turn off System Answer Feature *831. It plays a greeting then puts the caller on hold until the recept can take the call.

DueE

If you are using the CICS Auto Attendant that is what it does so the operator can take the call. I would turn it off and use the AA in the Flash.

First question is are you using the AA on the flash or the AA on the CICS, The CICS has an auto answer feature that puts calls on hold until the attendent can pick them up.

If the AA is on the flash do you have voicemail turned on in feature 9 8 3 opt 4.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back