Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

/etc/lp/interface/152_1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2003
US
Hi

When configuring HP Jetdirect, I entered this command: hppi -- choose option 1 (Spooler Administration)
Then, option 1 (Add printer to local spooler)
I get this error:
Addprinter error: can't find /etc/lp/interfaces/152_

What happened? I am not familiar with printers.
Thanks for any help.

the files under /etc/lp/interfaces/ contain a copy of the interfacescript; it get's the name of your queuename.

Did you try to create a printerqueue called 152_1 ?

I used Jetadmin long time ago, so I'm not realy an expert...

I suggest to install a printer with Solaris' netstandard interface
-> google or search the Solaris Forum for "mknod lpadmin netstandard" to get a 5-6 lines procedure...

Best Regards, Franz
--
Solaris System Manager from Munich, Germany
I used to work for Sun Microsystems Support (EMEA) for 5 years in the domain of the OS, Backup and Storage

Tropical,

When you run hppi you have to go through Option 1 and (Spooler Administration). Then Select Option 1, (Add Printer to Local Spooler). There you can enter the printer via the Network Name or IP Address... I always use the IP Address. When you add a printer, the hppi program will ask you to select the printer model script. Once selected, you can set the printer name and other options like Banner enable/disable. Once you complete these changes, enter 0 (zero) to configure the spooler... When this is done, you will have the entry in /etc/lp/printers.

You have to manually set up the /etc/printers.conf file before you can run a print job. Here is a basic entry for this file:

<printer name>:\
:bsdaddr=<print server name>,<printer name>,solaris:

I would also make an entry in the /etc/hosts file just in case you want to ping the printer to see if it's alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back