Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

eSynergy - "One moment please" message in Workflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD5241

Technical User
Jan 17, 2005
US
Having an issue with random workstations using eSynergy. A user will go into an account's workflow, and will see a big message on the screen that says "One moment please...", as if it's waiting to load. It doesn't ever load, and none of the items are acessible. Some of the buttons at the top are also not working (Such as the "New" button to create a new workflow item).
They can access workflow items using the Workflow search screen apart from customer accounts, but they are unable to update/save the workflow items.
I have tried different browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome), different versions of said browsers, restarted IIS on the eSynergy server, rebooted the entire server, rebooted the individual workstations, cleared the internet cache, tried switching to and from compatibility mode, etc., so it seems just random, no rhyme or reason.
If a user is experiencing the problem on their workstation, and I log them into the workstation of someone who isn't having the issue, they don't experience it then either. It's affecting about half of our staff... I even checked which network switch each was connected to, but two people on the same exact path to the network hub, one is having the issue and the other isn't.
I even have two virtual copies of the server running on separate VM hosts, and the same users still get the errors no matter which iteration they're connected to. I cannot find any instance of others out in the world having this issue, and I've tried everything I can think of. If anyone has any ideas on how to take care of this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Update: I was getting a pop-up in IE to update Silverlight... I updated it on a machine that didn't have this problem prior, but now it does. I uninstalled Silverlight, and the issue remains.

I get this when using Chrome or when IE is set run in edge mode. If you press F12 to get to the debugger you can see which mode IE is set to run at. I don't remember how to set the IE mode so that it will default to 5 and stay there. I remember there was a key in the registry that you had to add or change.

I will search my notes and if I find the article I will add a link here.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your response.
I figured it out. I was running a free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit. Turned that off, and the issue went away. Now I'll go through it to see if it's a particular setting in Anti-Exploit that was causing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back