Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ESXi 6.7 web login 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

intel233

MIS
Feb 24, 2007
US
I have ESXi 6.5 and that won't bootwith Fatal Error 8. I can't get the ISO to boot so I took ESXi 6.7 and installed that to a USB drive. I boot from that USB drive and setup root username and IP addresses. WHen I go to the IP of the ESXi server and try to use the same root/password combo I used on the server console it does not work. Is the web using a different user / password? Any help is appreciated because I have a fair amount of VM's I need to get working. I cant receonnt this server in VCenter because of the same issue. When it asks for the username/ password it keeps telling me it is wrong. I go to the consol and the root / password I setup works.

You should be able to:

1) Log into the console with the root password/login, using a monitor and a keyboard. You must be able to do that FIRST, or everything else will not work.
2) Log into the web interface of the ESX host... not through VCenter, but by going to the IP and port listed on the console.
3) THEN, if you can do those two things, make sure the ESX services are running properly and you should be able to connect it to VCenter.

Take the issue one step at a time. Don't even worry about VCenter until you have a connection to the host directly.

Just my $.02

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back