Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Estimation of efforts in person-hours / person days

Status
Not open for further replies.

vitaliy12309v

IS-IT--Management
Mar 9, 2023
DE
Hi, everyone!
I study project management course. I need to understand how much time takes some tasks. Just say, please, how much time would you spend for these tasks, if you did it alone. And how much time for tests. For now I don't understand efforts in person-days or person-hours even apprpximately. I don't know neither programmers nor QA-engineers nor even PM or BA.

I hope for your help) According to my course project, my software is a programm for garden design. Architecture is multilayer.

So, there are follow tasks:

1. Add 3D-models of all garden elements, including gazebos, stones, benches, mini-waterfalls, fences, gates. I need just average time for one element. The rest I can count on my own.
а) Find in the Internet and download, which you found
b) Create 3D-model of element, which you haven't found in the Internet (let's set this part as 40%)
c) Integrate these 3D-models in the software

2. Add knowledge base about plants compatibility between themselve, including pesticides influence.
а) Download main information for pants
б) Integrate information for each plant (I need just average time for one plant)

Forgive me my broken English) I hope for you and thank you so much for help)

Hey![bigsmile]
Here some info, hope it will help
Adding 3D-models of garden elements:
a) Find and download 3D models - 20-30 minutes per element
b) Create 3D models - 8 hours per element
c) Integrate 3D models - 30-60 minutes per element

Estimated total time for 10 elements: 95 hours

Adding plant compatibility knowledge base:
a) Download information - 3 hours
b) Integrate information for 50 plants - 30 minutes per plant

Estimated total time: 28 hours

Status