Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Estimates for product demo production time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hademtoo

Technical User
Feb 6, 2002
DE
My boss wants me to create a 3-4 minute demo of our product using flash.

Question: How long would it take to produce such a "product video"? Are there any programs that can help by recording the steps for using the program (to be imported then explanatory text could be added)?

He was convinced that such programs do exist and that total production time would be 2 1/2 days. I was a little more skeptical, given I have limited flash experience and would basically be learning it from scratch.

If starting from scratch, with Flash MX, and with your apparent experience, I'd estimate it more around 2 1/2 months minimum! But I'm not your boss!

I've been at it for more than 2 1/2 years, grant you web design and/or demo stuff is not my job (close to retirement, I do it for the pleasure of helping out others!), And I'm just getting the hang of it on 50% of the whole thing!

But I'm old, and you could possibly be a faster learner!
Good Luck! Please post a link to that demo, if you do make it. Would be interesting to see! Regards,

oldman3.gif

lol..yes it would..
logo.gif

carlsatterwhite@orlandomediasolutions.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back