Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

establish priorities!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CW1

Programmer
Apr 11, 2000
DE
Hello!
When I start a SQL-Statement (SELECT SUM(..) 500.000 Record's ) on a PC and i will work on another workstation (Select ... 5 Record's ) I wait for a long time that i get the result. Is there any possibility that I establish a priority??
Thank's [sig][/sig]

Could you please add some more detail. [sig]<p>Ged Jones<br><a href=mailto:gedejones@hotmail.com>gedejones@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>Top man[/sig]

Hello !
I try to add more detail's for my problem.
I have a VB-Program which call a &quot;Stored Procedure&quot; on the SQL-Server. The &quot;Stored Procedure&quot; have one Select with many SUM(xxx) and wrote the result into a new SQL-Table. This procedure work's 2 minutes. At this time the server work's with the full capacity. When I start on another workstation a Select or i attempt a connection to the SQL-Server i get a timeout (when defined (30 sec)). When no timeout defined I must wait? My question is, whether I can the first Select a lower priority and the second action a higher priority.
Thank you [sig][/sig]

It might be possible, if you examine your SQL query carefully, to add an index on the database that will improve the speed of your query.

That's quite a lot of records though, for SQL/Server... [sig]<p>Mike<br><a href=mailto:michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com>michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com</a><br><a href= Cargill's Corporate Web Site</a><br> [/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back