Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ESN073 when adding a new SPN 55288

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Jul 27, 2008
HK
Hi,

I'm trying to add t a new SPN of 55288 and get the ESN073 error. I'm not surer the problem is relating to the HLOC or not as the PABX has assigned HLOC with 5528. could someone advise me what's wrong with it? Thank!

REQ new
CUST 0
FEAT net
TRAN ac1
TYPE spn
SPN 5528 8
ESN073 SPN ****
OVL000 >!
> OVL000 >err esn073
> ESN0073 Conflict with another (NPA, NXX, etc.). Enter new SPN number. Severity: Info

REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT net
TRAN ac1
TYPE hloc
HLOC
HLOC 552 8
DMI 88

DMI 88
DEL 4
ISPN NO
CTYP NCHG

Other than zero+ (0, 00, 011 - called Flexible Zero Routing), you can't have SPNs that are prefixes of each other. First, I'd make sure there is not another NET number that has some prefix of 55288 (like 5, 55, 552, 5528, etc).

If it ends up being the HLOC that is stopping it (test by OUTing the HLOC 5528, then see if that allows you to create SPN 55288), you may have to leave it out, make SPN 5528 and use SDRR ARRN 55288 within the SPN 5528.

I hope I got that right :) - I have never had to fight a conflict involving HLOC. But I'd sure be interested in hearing the outcome to I can learn from it.

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

Let me correct part of that

"SPN 5528 and use SDRR ARRN 8" <-- which would handle 55288.

Note if you need one or both of these to be "on switch" (ie, no AC1), set LTER=YES on the respective RLI.

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

Based on your programming, yes, HLOC 55288 WILL conflict with the SPN you are defining. Typically HLOC is defined under AC2.

If you want HLOC to reside under AC1 with PSTN, you loose 7 digit local dialing since you will have HLOCs conflicting with NXXs.

911Guru
E911 FAQs are located at:

Thank you all valuable advice. Unfortunately, I'm manage to get a chance to do it as customer has concerned the impact. Will update u all the results. Thks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back