Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ESI Phone System VS Nortel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fizzywig2

Systems Engineer
Jun 23, 2021
US
I miss my Nortel...she was a good old girl. Anyway, can someone tell me why on the ESI system the desk phones are like 49.00 but the cordless 900Mh digital phones still cost up to 600.00? Anyone, anyone at all? That being said is there an alternate solution to cordless devices on the ESI system? I miss my Nortel!!!!

Probably little demand for the 900MHz cordless, and/or limited quantities available. When I worked on ESI IVXs I usually used the FXS ports for cordless phones. A nice cheap cordless was easy to replace, or installed an EnGenious phone for long distance coverage.

Too bad you went with the ESI.....if you want your Nortel back, try the Emetrotel UCX. It's all Nortel centric and all the Nortel sets work on them pretty much as they did on your old system.

bdk76,
Talk to me, tell me more. Just a standard old cordless phone you say?

telcodog,
for the record I didn't get rid of the Nortel switch the company I worked for at the time did. I now work for a smaller company and the ESI was here when I arrived

ESI 900Mh digital phone
The base is digital just like the desktop sets.
This means you get the same feature and/or display menu as the desktop phones.
The T7406 Norstar cordless had an identical display with the same 3 softkeys under it.

"standard old cordless phone"
They are analog phones that work on both FXO (POTS line) or FXS (Analog Terminal Adaptor on the PBX).
They will only have their own set of features but feature of the PBX can be access using the Link/Flash key on the cordless followed by the codes required by the PBX.
Older PBX's do not provide Caller ID on the ATA/FXO ports.

You need to determine if you have ATA/FXO ports on your ESI.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thank everyone for the responses. They are greatly appreciated.

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know if ESI offers classes for Administration Certification, anything? I really would like to have more control of the switch. I mean I really would like to administer the switch but can do that is I cant get in there.

This is a two part post:

Does any one know if ESI offers Training and where that can be found?
and
How to add an ext. to a hunt group with just phone admin access? Thank you in advance.

Why not contact ESI directly and ask if they or one of their resellers offers administrative training. You can find a reseller in your area through ESI's website.

You would need to identify the ESI model of your system for someone to offer programming advice. Do you have an administration manual? If you don't, do an internet search. Some ESI systems manuals are available at:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back