Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ESEUTIL Batch File

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulligans

Technical User
Feb 8, 2002
US
I am trying to creat a batch file to run ESEUTIL against my store in Exchange 2000. I have one that works with 5.5, but I need to modify it for 2000. Does anyone know the order that the services need to be shut down in so I can run the ESEUTIL /d against my Priv and Pub? Thanks in advance for any help. Here is my 5.5 batch file I use now, it works great. After this finishes I use the Shutdown utility in another batch file to reboot the server, then everything is back.

Net Stop "Microsoft Exchange Message Transfer Agent"
Net Stop "NAV for Microsoft Exchange"
Net Stop "Microsoft Exchange Event Service"
Net Stop "Microsoft Exchange Information Store"
Net Stop "Microsoft Exchange Directory"
Net Stop "Microsoft Exchange System Attendant"
c:\exchsrvr\bin\eseutil /d "e:\Exchange Databases\priv1.edb"
c:\exchsrvr\bin\eseutil /d "e:\Exchange Databases\pub1.edb"
Echo "All finished" > esutil.log

If you check the Services on your Exchange Server, you can see the dependancies for each service. You would then shut them down in reverse order, so that the System Attendant is the last to shut down.

The order you already have for 5.5 looks like it should work for 2000......

RobbyB

If you shutdown the System Attendant, the dependent services will follow, that saves you some lines.

Also, build in some delay (2-3 minutes, depending your server's performance) in your batch before launching any tools!! [sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, excpect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC! - Marc
[/sub]

I'm about to run eseutil on Exch 5.5. Is it necessary to shut down NAV for MS Exch? Also, I am mirroring - should I break the mirror before eseutil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back