Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ESEUTIL & location of TEMPDEFRAG.EDB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willis99

IS-IT--Management
Oct 1, 2003
US
I have run ESEUTIL and ISINTEG several times in the past and think I know what I am doing. Today, however, makes me wonder.

My 5.5 has a 8.53 GB PRIV.EDB located on H:. The rest of Exchange is spread out thusly:

C:\winnt\system32 = location of eseutil, isinteg (2 GB Free)
F:\exchsvr program files (6 GB Free)
G:\ transaction log files (5 GB Free)
H:\priv, pub database locations (20 GB free)
M:\ -- 32 GB empty drive

When I run ESEUTIL /d /ispriv it puts the tempdefrag.edb in the same folder ESEUTIL is located (winnt\system32). The process halts after about 25% because the drive becomes full.

Here's my question:

Is there a switch or a technique I can use to tell ESEUTIL to put the tempdefrag file on my empty M: Drive?

By default the temp file is located where ever eseutil is started from. So if your prompt is at c:\ that where it starts. If you want to use another drive just have your prompt on that drive and use the full path to eseutil. If you forget the /t switch that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back