Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ESE Groupshield error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tencel

IS-IT--Management
Aug 29, 2002
GB
I am using Groupshield 5 on my Exchange 5.5 server (Sp4 + hotfixes). I have not been able to change the scanning method to ESE. When I try, it stops the services just fine and attempts to restart them, then it stalls at the step called Waiting for ESE to load. After a minute or so, an error window pops up with the following message: "The ESE hooking library could not be installed. The new method cannot be enabled. Reason: The ESE hooking did not load properly. Please ensure that you are using a supported version of Microsoft Exchange and service packs."
My Exchange server is working with AVAPI method. I tried upgrading to the latest service pack (SP2) for Groupshield but that still doesn't work. Any suggestions?

I have the same problem. Have tried reinstalling Exchange SP4 and GroupShield with no luck. I logged it with NAI a couple of months ago with no response yet.
I'll try service pack 2 for GSE5 on Friday (only time I get to reload the server) and see if that has any impact as it has support for later versions of ESE.

try deleting or renaming the realese.dll from the system folder then switch over to ese.

Thanks

FatesWebb

FatesWebb

if you do what I suggested it is not my fault...

Hi FatesWebb,

That actually worked. It did not re-create the realese.dll, however. Should I rename this back or just leave well alone? What does this file do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back