Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ESE Event ID 494

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabsnabs

MIS
Apr 17, 2009
GB
Hi,

When I restart te Server the following error is logged..

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ESE
Event Category: Logging/Recovery
Event ID: 494
Date: 17/04/2009
Time: 09:45:33
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER
Description:
ExchangeServer_SERVER (4264) ExchangeServer_SERVER: Database recovery failed with error -1216 because it encountered references to a database, 'D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\ExchangeServer_SERVER\ExchangeServer_SERVER.edb', which is no longer present. The database was not brought to a Clean Shutdown state before it was removed (or possibly moved or renamed). The database engine will not permit recovery to complete for this instance until the missing database is re-instated. If the database is truly no longer available and no longer required, procedures for recovering from this error are available in the Microsoft Knowledge Base or by following the "more information" link at the bottom of this message.

I am not running any recovery process, and the file exists.

I am concerned that the server is trying to recover, yet it is running fine.

I have googled without any luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Make sure the database is in exactly the location given in the error message. The ESE engine doesn't usually tell you that a file that does exist doesn't. If the databse is where it's supposed to be and is working fine, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

When all else fails, read the book!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back