Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Escape Sequence for OCE printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmanj

Programmer
May 20, 2003
US
We have a high speed OCE printer and I have done a lot of PCL commands in my program that were accepted by the printer. I can do a lot of graphics using PCL and no problems at all. Except for one thing. The manufacturer does not want to give me the escape sequence on how to activate/deactivate the stapler function. This printer is capable of stapling up to 50 pages of report and I want to use this functionality for our incoming open enrollment.

I would really appreciate if anyone can share his/her expertise on this matter.

Thank you.

jmanj

Use the windows PCL driver for your printer and print a multi page document with stapling to file. Open the file in a text or hex editor. Stapling will probably be done in PJL. Probably something like

<ESC>%-12345X@PJL<CR><LF>
@PJL COMMENT keyword SET STAPLE=TWOLEFT<CR><LF>
@PJL ENTER LANGUAGE=PCL<CR><LF>

Your keyword is important and changes by manufacturer. My guess for yours would be EFIPJL.

good luck,

Thanks UncleRick!!! I'll try this one. However, the company
decided to have all printout/stapling/stamping/mailing to an outside vendor due to deadline pressures.

Although I can recreate the reports, I will try your formula just in case we have another needs(like for next year).

Thank you very mauch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back