Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Escape Seqences

Status
Not open for further replies.

aweiss

Programmer
Dec 9, 1999
DE
Hello,<br>
I have a problem. I want to print same Reports. Now my question:<br>
Where must I put the Escape-Sequences for printer properties?<br>
<br>
Thanks for your help.<br>
<br>
AWEISS

You can't really do this with the regular Windows print handlers because tends interfear when you try and take direct control of the printer.&nbsp;&nbsp;However, if you set up the printer as a gerneric text printer it might work, but I've never had too much luck with that.&nbsp;&nbsp;Also, since Crystal Reports wants to send your report to the screen you may need to figure out a good way to handle the escape codes and not cause them to screw up the screen display.

I know on our system,macola, crystal 6,the reports come to the screen upon refreshing them, then depending how I chose the selection of printers is where it prints.Also,If you know the reports are going to be run on dot matrix printers you have to create your reports with those being set as default printer. You will never get the report to print as you see it if lets say set to a laser printer as default you create the report then decide to run on dot matrix. Beleive me,our team has spent hours trying to figure out hoew to get the report to print as we see it.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back