Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

eSATA drive disappears from server

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmcdaniel

IS-IT--Management
Oct 13, 2006
US
I recently installed a PNY eSATA II expansion card into one of my Windows 2003 Servers and installed the supplied drivers. I then attached a Western Digital MyBook external hard drive with the eSATA connection. After adding additional RAM (4GB total) I rebooted the server. The new card and drive are recognized on boot up and after the OS is running I can open My Computer and see the extra WD hard drive. The problem I'm having is after about a day or so, the external drive is no longer accessible. The other drives (internal) are present and accessible but the WD is not. I can reboot the server and the WD shows up again. Has anyone had this experience with an eSATA drive, or really any drive that does this?

Thanks in advance

Any clues in the Event Logs?

Tony

"Buy what you like, or you'll be forced to like what you buy"...me

In the "properties" listing, does this particular card have a power setting to "turn off to save power" like LAN (and others) have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back