Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ES and Datamasons EDI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJAnalyst

MIS
May 6, 2003
US
How are conversions to ES going? I have heard that new installs are doing well but I don't know if they are still having problems with conversions. We are considering it for 3rd quarter this year. We are also planning on going to the new EDI solution. What has everyone heard about it? Thanks in advance.

Jonathan Nelson
Business Systems Analyst
Horizon Group, USA

Timely topic - Macola ES questions are noticeably absent from this forum. It's either because not many people are using it, or it's simply well written and there are no problems.....

I'm just going/almost finished with my first e-Synergy and Macola ES implementation. I've been struck by how 'cobbled' together some areas are, but I guess that's inevitable when you merge two applications into one. Macola ES does make Progression look like a well though out app. though....

There's a number of things that bug me - like storing all the 'canned' Crystal reports on the clients. If you want to modify the canned Acknowledgement (for example) be prepared to develop some form of script or utility to re-distribute these to the clients - they'll get overwritten with each update too...

There also seems to be a real shortage of people that FULLY understand the relationship between Macola ES and e-Synergy. We've been able to talk to any number of people that know one side or the other well, but we've had a real tough time finding anyone that knows both, and how they interelate.

Have fun with the demo data - the latest version is full of holes. Open up an existing sales order and try to tab past any ship date that's marked 'A.S.A.P'. Macola ES turns the field pink and wont let you past until you blank it out. At which point it turns back into A.S.A.P and lets you past. Looks great in a demo...

Anyone else have any feedback?

Peter Shirley

Hi Peter,

I am very literate in regards to the touchpoints shared by ES and e-Synergy. I am less knowledgeable in areas like shop floor control, but I can certainly answer your questions about shared data and functionality in an integrated ES/e-Synergy environment.

Perhaps it would be best to start a new thread for questions so other can benefit from it also?

Peter,

Was your reference to "cobbled together" aspects of integration in regards to the items and how the items sync over? If so, you are correct, few people understand the behaviors on both sides fully which can cause some issues with item behavior. I've also noted some changes in this function from batch 325 to batch 340.

There are settings in both ES and e-Synergy that need to be maintained for items to sync correctly and it isn't well documented.

Let me know if you need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back