Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Erwin to power designer conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

srinivasan2425

Technical User
Jun 20, 2014
US
Hi, We are trying to convert from Erwin 7.0 to Powerdesigner. There are hundreds of data models in Erwin that needs to be converted to Power designer. I have few questions on this conversion.

1. Inorder to convert Erwin to Power designer I have to save the Erwin file as standard xml file to import it to Power designer. Is there a way to save all Erwin files I have with standard xml file instead of open each file and save as xml file?

2. My current Erwin structure is as follows. We have several databases and each model gets created in each database.

We have Libraries created for each database (i.e One for Sybase IQ, One for Staging - Sql server and one for Sql Server - Data Mart)

Ex:Let's say if I have "test" data model the data model will be saved in to each Library as follows.

Sybase Iq --> Test
Sql server - Data staging -> Test
Sql server - Data Mart --> Test

Is there a way to replicate exact same structure in power designer and save the same model under each library? Appreciate your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back