Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Errors with Using Document Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBig1980s

IS-IT--Management
Jun 11, 2007
Hello:

I added a Document Library, as a web part in the header section of a SharePoint 2007/Microsoft Dynamics GP Business Portal 4.0 (32-bit) page. I do not get any issues with actually adding this Document Library web part. But, depending on how I use this web part, I get the "Server Error in '/' Application" error. The remainder of the error does not offer any details.

Again, this web part is in the header of the web page and the page itself is the Purchase Request Details page of GP Requisition Management. The error that I speak of appears in the Middle Column of the page where users view requisitioned items that they have entered.

This happens when you attach a document into the Document Library, by clicking the “Add new document” link in the top left-hand corner. Specifically, this happens if you have already entered data into the Middle Column (i.e. this happens when you attach a document to a requisition that you have previously saved). This does not happen, as long as you attach the document to a new requisition. So, this web part causes these errors in the Middle Column of saved requisitions if you add attachments to this Document Library web part.

I cannot approach Microsoft Dynamics eSupport with this issue, as they will tell me it is a SharePoint error, which it is.

If you have any ideas or questions, please let me know.

Much appreciated!

TheBig1980s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back