Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Errors when using databaase from server, is it ms access???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelPotts

Technical User
Jan 13, 2003
AU
I have created a database, it works fine on my computer (I am running XP). I have created a database on our server and have placed all my tables and relationships here, I then recreate my database on my computer, by making a new database and linking all tables to the one on the server and then importing all forms, quiries, macros etc from the original copy on my coputer. Now all this goes fine and I now have a copy of my database in working order that is linked to our server. All I want to do is copy this copy of the database and place it on all our machines, I have placed it on a cd and all our machines now it. The problem is when any machine goes to use it, each and every machine has a different problem, whether it be from some forms not going properly, by fields being visible and some are not, there are combo boxes with code that are now not going... well there are now lots and lots of problems. But this only happens when this database is placed on different machines. Heres the twist, all the machines vary in what OS they are running, from XP, 98, 2000 and ME, all are running MS Office Premium, so I do not understand why they are not going. Does anyone out there have any information to enlighten me on what is happening????

Much appreciated
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back