Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Errors when connecting to Interbase database

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenK

Programmer
Jan 5, 2001
GB
I'm trying to use Interbase for the first time in ages - having been supplied with the '.gdb' from an old client of mine I'm trying to do a favour for.

I've copied this file into the required location on my local machine and removed any Read-Only properties seeing as this came off a CD.
Interbase is running.
I believe that I'm using the correct version of this - I have previous installations of 4.2, 5, 5,5 and 6 (admittedly a little old now).

When I attempt to connect to the Interbase database via the software application (written in Delphi and using the BDE) or via the BDE Administrator I get errors:

- General SQL Error.
- File C:\Folder\Database.gdb is not a valid database

BDE Explorer also provides BDE Error number 13059 and Server Error -922

Can someone suggest what I'm doing wrong here?
It's probably going to be something simple I'm overlooking as it's been a while since I've made use of Interbase to any degree.

Thank you in advance.

Maybe a little late to reply, but did you managed to open the gdb file with the Interbase utilities?

Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back