Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Errors running Crystal Reports from VB6 app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoseML

Programmer
Aug 30, 2001
US
I'm running a VB6 app (SP3) with Access 2000, using Crystal Reports 7.0 for the report output. The system works perfectly on my development PC and on one workstation belonging to my client. Three other workstations are unable to run reports, as the errors listed below keep coming up, despite several attempts to install my app.

Following are a series of e-mails between myself and the IT person at the client's firm:

My e-mail--
: The following Web link tells you how to correct the registration problem for this file.
:
: HD=420
:
: Otherwise, the "File not found." error that appears when you try to run a report from my VB6 app still needs a separate solution.
: Error #713 in subSQL_Set, Line 10: 'Class not registered' Looking for
object
: with CLSID:{00000010-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4}'

I did as you advised and have the same error.

Can it be the VB version of dll's? The reason I'm asking is the install program attempts to overwrite my Win2000 dll's with dll's from 1999 which, of course, I will not do not knowing the effects to the stability of my system.

The link you sent me was very helpful, although its resolution to the problem may be a little misleading. It suggests that the VB application hasn't set the
Connect property correctly, when in fact it has been.

I suspect that the DAO360.dll that is looked for by the app may not have been properly installed and registered by the installation package, just as the CRAXDRT.dll hadn't been.

Open the .CAB file and extract the DAO360.dll file to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO folder, then Run the following line:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\DAO360.dll".
This should register the file.

Then reboot and try running the app again.

The app still doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back