Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Errors restoring files and folders using Arcserve V11.1 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech187

MIS
Jul 28, 2000
US
We are recieving the following errors while trying to restore files from a file server. We have loaded sp1 for Arcserve v11.1 and updated the firmware on our servers and tape drives. We have also tried 3-4 different tape drives and 3-4 different servers. I don't think the problem is related to hardware. Any ideas what kind of problems we are fighting. We have also called CA and have not gotten any useful information. In fact the tech did not say a word about sp1 for Arcserve 11.1 even being available. Thanks for any help.

E3717 Unable to goto cluster. (CLUSTER=6532871, EC=No Data Detected)
e3842 Unable to find file (......)

Do a new backup with verify compare tape to disk just to see if that works.

If that works then try a restore by media.

Try this:

Go into your registry on the ARCserve server and access:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComputerAssociates\BrightStor ARCserve Backup\Base\Task\Restore. Double click the UseAsyncIO value and set to 0 instead of 1.

Try the restore now and let us know how it goes.

Thanks
~Arcagent
:)

Thanks for the tip Arcagent. This worked. We have used Arcserve for years and currently backup and restore over 100 servers. I have never seen this before. Not even once. Do you know why this fixed the problem? By setting this regsitry entry to 0 does Arcserve switch to sync I/O mode? Thanks again.

Thanks Aecagent this actually worked, after 10 different combinations of servers or and tape drives new tapes, and endless time spent on this issue we can move on now.

Thanks to all the Help out there
Kracker1

In changing the settings to 0 from 1 what does that change in the registry,its hard to believe that this is the only server we have with this issue.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back