Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Errors in Opening/Converting Access97 to 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkdcomp

Instructor
Jan 29, 2002
US
Have a DB in Access97 that opens and works just fine in Access97. My company has converted over to Office XP (2003) and now when I try to open the Access97 DB or Convert the DB I get the following errors. Missing or Broken VBE reference to the file 'GRPWISE.EXE" or 'GWCMA1.DLL or 'GWAB1.OCX or 'GWDT31.DLL or 'MAILLOGN.DLL'.

This has happened on the company computer and on my personal laptop which has NEVER used GroupWise and these error messages all seem to relate to.

Any suggestions on what is happening??? How to solve it. Can open and convert other Access97 DB's with no problem.

Thanks,

Richard
Tulsa, OK

When in VBE menu Tools -> References ... untick all missing references and compile the db.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

PH,

You did it my man! Fixed the problem. I'll save the fix (hard copy) as we are converting hundreds of computers over from Win98/Office97 to WinXp/Office2003 and expect to be called for more of the same.

Regards,

Richard
Tulsa, OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back