Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Errors in DNS (Event Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcdd2

IS-IT--Management
Mar 20, 2003
BR
Errors in DNS (Event Viewer)

I have a Dns + Exchange 2000 in a Win 2000 Server.

Does anybody know because those errors?

thank you

Ricardo

Registration of the DNS record '_ldap._tcp.100f63e9-8337-4ea7-8ec7-401718be8b54.domains._msdcs.ssatelecom.com. 600 IN SRV 0 100 389 ns.ssatelecom.com.' failed with the following error:

DNS operation refused

Registration of the DNS record '_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.dc._msdcs.ssatelecom.com. 600 IN SRV 0 100 389 ns.ssatelecom.com.' failed with the following error:

DNS operation refused.

Registration of the DNS record 'ssatelecom.com. 600 IN A 192.168.168.115' failed with the following error:

DNS operation refused.

Registration of the DNS record '_kerberos._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.dc._msdcs.ssatelecom.com. 600 IN SRV 0 100 88 ns.ssatelecom.com.' failed with the following error:

DNS operation refused.

Registration of the DNS record '1fd5eeb1-2f4e-4d37-ba59-86b6bd07f717._msdcs.ssatelecom.com. 600 IN CNAME ns.ssatelecom.com.' failed with the following error:

DNS operation refused.

Just a general suggestion although I am not sure it will resolve this issue...

Point all of your DC's to a single DNS server
run netdiag /fix on all your DC's
Let replication take place (or force it)
Change your DNS settings back.

My guess is that the DNS is missing DC entries causing the errors. by running the netdiag /fix it will repair the entries (or create them if they are not there). If you have more then one DC its important that they all point to a single DNS server else the repairs are not common to a single server and may not replicate out. Hope that makes some sense.

Mike

What type of DNS server are you running? Sounds like the DNS server either doesn't know about Dynamic Updates (old versions of BIND) or hasn't allowed your hosts to update them.

Check to see that the DNS server allows Dynamic Updates, allows updates from your machines.

For me (Bind version 8.x), I also had to add "check-names ignore;" to the zone in question.

Check out
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back