Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Errors exporting data to Excel files. Problem with opening file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshuaAnthony

Programmer
Dec 17, 2003
AU
Hi,

(Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area!)

I use DoCmd.OutputTo to transfer data to an excel file. It seems to work fine but I can't open the file properly (even if I have an OLEunbound linked object) until I close Access. If I try to open it before closing Access, Excel opens and I have full control over it but the worksheet area doesn't show up at all (or it is all transparent...). Also, it is not specific to the file I have just exported to - it occurs for all excel files that I try to open during this period. Strangely enough this only occurs if I try to open files via their OLEunbound object links or by icons on desktop or in folders. I can still look at the actual file by opening excel (no file) and then clicking to open a particular file... Can anybody make any suggestions for why this might occur and/or how I can prevent it?

Thanks,

Joshua

Have you tried to use the AutoStart named parameter of the DoCmd.OutputTo method ?

Hope This Help, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back