Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Errored Seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

heathersuzanne

Technical User
Jan 8, 2007
US
Hi All,

Question, what causes errored seconds? Des that come from the network, or can it also be a PBX problem? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Errored
Seconds
The number of errored seconds for the specified interval (maximum of
900). An errored second is any second in which one or more data
transmission errors occurred. N/A indicates the count for that interval
is not available, typically because the circuit pack was not inserted
during the interval.

Any way for me to tell whether the issues are caused by the circuit pack or by Bell?

The errors could be from either side. If you've got the 700A loopback jack installed, you can do some testing (it's intrusive) to validate the card to the loopback jack. The other option is to involve teh carrier.

you can get into the serial port of the smart jack with a laptop and see where the errors are coming from. This is not intrusive. The local phone company might not like you going into there smart jacks. We own the smart jacks between the switch and the demark so that is not a problem here.

Unfortunatly, I'm remote to the site with the issue. I'll have to let the vendors work it, just wasnt sure if I should bother calling Avaya for ES, since I figured it would come from the network and not the Definity...

Thanks!!

All,

Bell says its not their issue today, even though yesterday they said they did see error on the T. Is there a non-intrusive test I can run on the circuit remotely to see/ prove the issue is theirs or mine?

Thanks!!

I had the same problem yesterday on 2 of my T1's, AT&T aparently fond the cause in one of their facilities, but today one of my ds1 cards will not pick up, I tried busying and releasing the trunk groups but that did not work, can someone share the apropriate command to release the ds1 directly? current status is "out-of-service-NE", but when i do a measurement on hte corresponding T1, I no longer see errors.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back