Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Errore 91 Descrizione Object variable or With block variable not set

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBI

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2002
DE
Hi,
I've a vb6 application on W2003 server with acrobat writer 5 installed and I use fdf toolkit to create adobe pdf .
Now I have to install the same application on a W2003 server with Acrobat 8 pro but when my program save the pdf file I've got an error "Errore 91 Descrizione Object variable or With block variable not set".

Here is the function where I've got the error .

' open PDF as object
On Error Resume Next
Err.Clear
Set AVDoc = CreateObject("AcroExch.AVDoc")
If IsError(AVDoc.Open(strSourceFileName, " ")) = True Then
Print #logfile, Format(Now, "DD-MM-YYYY hh:mm:ss") & " - Errore aperutura del fax " & strSourceFileName & " : Error " & Err.Number & " Description " & Err.Description
Err.Clear
AcroApp.CloseAllDocs
AcroApp.Exit
Set AcroApp = Nothing
Else
Set PDDoc = AVDoc.GetPDDoc

' &H1 complete save - senza opzioni optimising/linearising. Si usa &H5 per linearizzare/ottimizzare
If PDDoc.Save(&H1, strSourceFileName) <> True Then
Print #logfile, Format(Now, "DD-MM-YYYY hh:mm:ss") & " - Errore salvataggio del fax " & strSourceFileName & " : Errore " & Err.Number & " Descrizione " & Err.Description
Err.Clear
End If
Thanks in advance for any help
Bob

VB6 questions go into the vb6 forum. Please.

Christiaan Baes
Belgium

"In a system where you can define a factor as part of a third factor, you need another layer to check the main layer in case the second layer is not the base unit." - jrbarnett

Repost this in the VB6 forum and let's see if we can help you. But also, please tell us which line of code is throwing your error.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back