Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error with TS Licenses on Citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny

Programmer
Jun 14, 1999
IT
My server is W2k Ts SP2, with Citrix Metaframe 1.8 Sp3.
Today one of my users (WinNt client with Citrix client)cannot access to citrix: with Event viewer I have found that ts temporary license has expired (Server have 50 Citrix license and 20 Ts license, and nobody is connected now).
I've read that I have to operate in the registry of the client ...%-( . That's incredible for me.... how may time I'll have to do that, if I have 3 thousand client, potentially users???? I think there is someother thing to do.
Anybody can help me?

If you've got 50 Citrix licenses and 20 TS licenses, then you're 30 T/S licenses short :-(

It should be too easy.... Even if I'll buy 30 TS licences, I'll have same problem...
Infact, today, another of my customers had same problems with 50 Citrix licences and 50 TS Licenses... but he had 3000 potentially clients that could connect.
I think I should have 50 Citrix Licenses and 3000 TS Licensec (and I think it's too expensive !)
Someone think different?

This is a known issue with Microsoft TS not releasing old client licenses. For example I have had three different computers since we first installed MS TSE. Each one took a license which was never released when the old computer went away. Check the Citrix site and search for the message you receive when the client tries to connect. You will be pointed to the Microsoft site, where they request you relicense MS TSE. HTH.

How many times I have to relicense? Each time a temporary license expire? That's many times every day!
Even if I had only one PC for each individual employee for 100 years, I should have 3000 TS licenses and 50 Citrix licenses.. isn't it?
I don't think that's a bug... that's Microsoft license policy.
Maybe I'd have to buy TS Internet Connector Licensing instead of TSCAL.
Anything to add?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back