Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error with New and Complete BOS installation:"no space available"

Status
Not open for further replies.

baderoor

Programmer
May 9, 2000
ZA
Lately my motherboard(mb)was zapped also killing my 4gig hdd having my rootvg on it.The machine is an IBM model 43P workstation.I replaced mb and 4gig hdd.The problem im facing is that when i try doing a new BOS installation on hdisk0 it says that there is no space available.Also it says that the PV identifier = zeros and space = 0.
When i bootup using the sms disk to see what the configuration says about these 2 disks ,by the way i have another 9gig (hdisk2) which it also doesnt see,it identifies both including the scsi id's.
What do i do ? i beleive that you can get a sms disk having additional features allowing you to format disks, is this true ?if so, can anyone direct me into where i can obtain this.
Does anyone have any other ideas on what i can do ?

baderoor,

I assume that you have a an old 43p 100 machine - because you have an SMS floppy disk.

Firstly, are you sure that the disks are connected properly?

I do not have a 100 to test but it is worth checking when loading the SMS disk by pressing F1 it should give you a firware revision number......post back what it says.....

Alternately you could try the advanced maintenance functions from the BOS menu's and look in diags. - does this see the disks? The other way is to use a diag cd which would allow you to format the disks, do you have one?

its a 140P model but have encountered that the motherboard is still faulty.i am trying to get a diag cd from ibm .will keep you in touch what has happened,for now im still waiting for ibm engineers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back