Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ERROR while running perl script on web

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTMTech

Programmer
Feb 5, 2003
US
Hi

I got following error in log file. I am using apache 2.o on windows2000.My perl script gives error in a log file as follow :

[Tue Feb 25 13:55:43 2003] [error] [client 192.168.25.173] D:/InetPub/ttmtech.com devel/it.ttmtech.com/myttmtech/index1.pl is not executable; ensure interpreted scripts have "#!" first line
[Tue Feb 25 13:55:43 2003] [error] [client 192.168.25.173] (9)Bad file descriptor: don't know how to spawn child process: D:/InetPub/ttmtech.com devel/it.ttmtech.com/myttmtech/index1.pl

Please, Help me how to solve this problem ?

Thanks,
TTMTECH

The first line of index1.pl (or any cgi script) should have a shebang line telling where the interpreter is. A shebang line starts with #! (sharp # bang !). In windows, it should probably be something like this:
Code:
#!C:\Perl\bin\perl
As an alternative, in Apache's configuration files, you can also set it to look in the registry for whatever application is associated with that extention. You'd have to set up the interpreter to be the default application for .pl and .cgi files (ie, what happens when you double click a file in explorer). I think the line that needs uncommenting says this:
Code:
ScriptInterpreterSource registry
I'm not too sure on that one, but if I'm wrong, someone here'll correct me. Hope it helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...but I'm just a C man trying to see the light

Hai,

iam creating interface in glade using PERL
in this i would like to refresh the lable widget.
for this how can i refresh that lable?

also their is an error:
Global symbol "$widget" requires explicit package name
how can i solve this one.

thank u
from alex..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back