Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error while Running .exe from other Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragu111

MIS
Aug 15, 2002
AE
i made a small calculator with date picker, and it's work well in my p.c. i saved the same .exe file on my friends p.c and when i open the file i'm getting below error.

"Component ‘MSCOMCT2.OCX’ or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."

can someone help me and let me know how to compail the project to install on a different p.c

Ragu [pc]

Hello,
What you need to do is serach the PC for the MSCOMCT2.OCX file.
Once you have found this in the Search window, leave the search window open on the screen, go to your START menu again and select RUN. In the RUN box type in regsvr32 and then drag the file from the Search window over to the RUN box and place the file after regsvr32. Once you have done this then you will need to press ok and you should see a message to say that this file is successfully registered (the message will say SUCCEEDED at the end).

If when searching the hard drive, you cannot find the file, then that is why you are having the problem and you will need to download the file onto that PC.

Jennifer

You need to use an installation program to create a setup package that will include all required files for the target machine. look into the Package and Deployment Wizard (PDW), Visual Studio Installer or INNO setup. They are all free and the PDW is included (but a bit old).

zemp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back