Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error while printing documents from my Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

caster

Programmer
Jan 3, 2003
IN
Hi All,
I am working on an application which is developed on PB 8.0.3. The Application is running on WinXP with Service Pack 1. When I try to print 80/100 documents through my application it gives following error:
--
Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library
Program : C:\BISMQ\bulk.exe
File : [printf.c
Line : 56

Expression : str | is NULL
For information on how your prgram can cause an assertion failure see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.
Press retry to debug the application
--
Have any one of you got this error??
Can anyone explain the probable causes??
This is immediate.
Response ASAP will be appreiciated.

Thanks in Advance
CAS

Hi Caster,
I never got that error message, but I never tried to print 80-100 documents at one time. Perhaps the print queue fills up and stops accepting new documents. A work around might be to give the printer a little time to work. print 10 documents wait 1 or 2 minutes and then print the next 10.

This seems to be few problems relating to running a PowerBuilder application [that was built on older version of Windows] on WINXP machine(s). Try rebuilding ur application on Windows XP system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back