Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error while installing managed node on Solaris

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeevs

IS-IT--Management
Jul 17, 2000
US
Hi.. <br>i was trying to install a managed node on Solaris 2.7 with my TMR serevr as NT... I'm getting this error in between installation of distributing machine independant client database... It says &quot;odlist init failed. Host inaccessible or host failure.(48) after script failure&quot;... where host is perfectly alright as it has copied other related stuff..<br>Can anyone help on this issue?<br><br>sanjeev

My guess is that the proposed managed node can not resolve the tmr name.&nbsp;&nbsp;Can you ping the &quot;short name&quot; of the TMR server from the solaris server (i.e. - the non-fully qualified server name)?&nbsp;&nbsp;If not, you may need to add the domain suffix to the search line of the /etc/resolv.conf file:<br>search &lt;domain suffix here&gt;<br><br>Good luck,<br><br>M. McCallum

Hi McCallum...<br>Yes.. proposed managed node pings the TMR server... In fact, before installing managed node the tmr server first checks the connection and it also does it here and copies some files. Th error i'm getting happens only when &quot;distributing Independant client database&quot; process starts while installing...<br>any clue on this....<br><br>jeev's

Would you chechk hosts files?<br><br>1. at solaris ; <b>/etc/hosts</b> file must contain <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;solaris_managednode_ipaddr managednode_name<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;TMRserver_ipaddr&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;TMRserver_name<br><br>2. at NT(TMR Server) : <b>C:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts</b> file must contain<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;TMRserver_ipaddr&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;TMRserver_name<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;solaris_managednode_ipaddr managednode_name<br>And retry.<br><br>Caution : Not C:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.sam <br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back