Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error while deploying an application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pro79

Programmer
Dec 11, 2003
IN
hi
I am deploying application given by sun with j2ee tutorial
when i deploy the application it gives the error

Deployment Error -- Error while running ejbc -- Fatal Error from EJB Compiler -- -- Failed to load deployment descriptor for: CartApp cause: Error converting J2EE-specific ejb xml to object representation: ejb-jar-ic.jar Invalid XML : No document type for org.apache.crimson.tree.XmlDocument@168f248 CartJAR CartBean CartHome Cart CartBean Stateful Bean

i am very new to ejb
i am using java system application server 7.0 to deploy the application.
can u tell me what can be the problem

java system application server 7.0
is the the default Sunone Application server in J2EE 1.4 SDK?
If you are using the default Application server, you are using pointbase for database. I may give you some hints.
For each time in testing ejb, start the database first, then start the default domain. Now you can use the deployment tool to deploy the ejb.

I myself try to play with simple sun ejb examples at the beginning. bmp-simple.ear and stateful session bean may be simpler.

Make sure you are playing with sun ejb example for J2EE 1.4
Most of examples for J2EE 1.3 will not work with J2EE 1.4 Application Server without correction.

Also make sure you are using English as default language in Windows. I myself use WindowsXP pro.

After you have learned how to use session bean, entity bean and jsp using ejb. You may start learn Application server like Weblogic or IBM Webshere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back