Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error when trying to select an SQL Server stored procedure for report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unbreakables

Programmer
Aug 29, 2002
AU
I am trying to create a report through Info Report Designer. I create new report -> SQL/ODBC. Then sasys choose an SQl Table for the SQL Database selected. So I choose a stored procedure. The server name and database are correct otherwise I wouldn't get the SQL table listing. The server type I am using is OLEDB - SQLOLEDB MS OLE (SQL Server).

Once I select the storedproc and click OK, I get the following error - "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server: Could not find stored procedure 'CAC.dbo.sp_Process_Payments' even though it let me select it from the list. I can select a table or View no problems. Please Explain!!

Greatly appreciate some insight into this.

Cheers,
Kurt

Is the account you're using to connect the report to the database part of the dbo group?

I log into Info Desktop with full admin rights.
Then I create a new report in designer and select SQL/ODBC. I point to the database and I have tried logging in using the sa account and my account which is the equivalent of dbo. I get a list ofo all objects in the database, so that doesn't seem to be an issue. It does the same for other databases as well.

Whats the difference between a report using a view and using a stored procedure within this context?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back