Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error when trying to fix broken references

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDGarcia

Programmer
Oct 7, 2004
PR
Good day everyone.

I'm trying to fix several broken references in an Access application. When I go to Tools -> References the message
Error accessing the system registry appears. I'm working on a Windows 7 laptop and my clients are on Windows 10. The Access application is in a Windows 32 server. The application was developed as a 2003 version.

I suspect that whatever I need to use the references was changed, moved or deleted on a MS Office update or other.

I didn't try to correct the registry. I hardly know much about it. checked this path on the registry and the FullInstallVer wasn't there: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DataAccess\FullInstallVer

Another thing I noticed is that in the Start -> All Programs -> Microsoft Office all apps don't have their logo in front of them but an image of a system window.

I appreciate your recommendations.

Stay safe.

I am betting you have this resolved by now but I would try reinstalling office on the machine where you get the error or try a different machine. If it is a registry error, the registry is specific to the machine... if you get the error on multiple machines, the error is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back