Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error when trying to enter printer driver setup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoomis

Programmer
Jul 8, 2003
US
When I try to enter printer driver setup in the report file I get the following error message:

"SMARTPD's P_FONTS.DBF, FPT or CDX Missing!"

However all these files are present. Any ideas? Thanks

Hi

Just open up the P_Fonts table in the command window and reindex/Pack. CLose it.

Yet another thing is to make this table available in the applications default directory. There could be a path issue.

:)

ramani :)
(Subramanian.G)

When I try to do what you suggested a message pops up saying "Cannot Write to a Read Only File" However I checked the file attributes and it is not read only

I believe SmartPD was a separate third-party printer driver application for FP DOS. You might want to check it's documentation for this "error". If I remember correctly, it stored it's information in the resource file (Foxuser.dbf), so make sure it's not read-only or the CONFIG.FP isn't pointing into an invalid or unavailable directory (e.g. due to user security).

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back