Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error when migrating to ZCM 10.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrp611

MIS
Oct 10, 2005
US
I was trying to migrate my applications from my Zen703 to ZCM10.2 and when it finished I got an error message. At one point it said it was a simple application and could not move it and on down it said there was an LDAP issue. Can some one tell me if there is a problem or do I have to build this from scratch.

This is the error message from the log file.

Migrating cn=ADD NOTIFY,ou=123,o=novell to /~bundles~/ADD NOTIFY
Migrating from system tree to JO-ZEN1 zone
This is a simple application and does not require conversion to an MSI. Skipping Macrovision Converter.
Successfully created initial bundle: ADD NOTIFY
Could not find mandatory attribute appFlags either the ldap mapping is incorrectly pointing to the starter Pack attribute 'app flags' or there is no mapping. Mappings can be changed in Console One on the LDAP Group object. The App:Flags should point to appFlags, App Flags should point to some other attribute like appFlagsOld
Migration failed for cn=ADD NOTIFY,ou=123,o=novell
Migration of this object took: 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds, 562 milliseconds

Thanks for the help

Did you check your LDAP mappings?

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Brent Schmidt Senior Network Engineer
Keep IT Simple[/color red] Novell Platinum Partner Microsoft Gold Partner
VMWare Enterprise Partner Citrix Gold Partner

After leaving the server alone for a week will I worked on some down servers. I got back to the Zen migration to check out the problems. I did the same think as before and this time all of my apps were able to transfer over,the only one's that did not transfer were old win 98 apps and just deleted them. Now the big step is to make them work,, there are alot of chages compared to Zen 7.

Thanks for the help.

Just to add to the issue of running the migration from Zenworks 7 to ZCM 10. I have found out the problem with the error message that I was getting. It looks like a couple of applications would not go over due to some issue with zen 3.2 or zen 7.0. But when I ran ConcoleOne drilled down to the Zen application and unchecked the Disconnectable option, exited out of ConsoleOne the back in to the application. Then checked the Disconnectable box and ran the migration back on that application the problem was fixed. But you still have to do some back ground work to have the applcation run the way you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back