Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error when log On via OWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSOFT

Technical User
Nov 18, 2001
US
Hi: I hace installed OWA in my Exchange Server (and IIS), but i cant access via OWA becouse i receive a logon error (to the domain) but if i use the admin account all works OK, what can happen?. I configure Logon Locally Rights, Clear text authentication, etc

Have WinNT 4.0 Server SP5
Exchange 5.5 SP4

Where do you get stuck ?
The default page that displays when you access OWA asks for a user id. Then a pop-up box displays that asks for user name - we have to enter it as:
domain/userid

Hope this helps

I got the same error and I introduce the user in the correct form domain\userid. I think that something else go wrong.

are you sure that configure "Logon Locally Rights" is necessary? i think it's not.

To use OWA, you need to give the user account log on locally rights to the server. That's how it works. It admin accounts work, that's got to be your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back