Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error when Launching Indesign CS 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

meloadri

Technical User
Apr 7, 2009
US
I have a user running Adobe Indesign CS3 version 5 on MAC OS 10.5. She turned the Mac off in the middle of a software update and now Indesign gets an error when launching. The error report says: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS). Under Applications-Others, there is an icon called version cue CS3 that when launched also gets the same error. I have done everything short of reinstallling the software. Any thoughts? Thanks

I'm confused by the thought process here. Reinstalling software after a situation like this should not be a last resort.

In my experience reinstalling the software does not always solve the issue. Since reinstalling is what you are suggesting, is the install pretty straight forward? Anything I should be looking out for?

Your experience that makes you think reinstalling is not the answer may be related to more common issues with corrupted preferences. These are found in 'home/library/preferences/adobe indesign...'. Preferences are not refreshed with reinstallation.

You have a different situation in a different location (although preferences might need to be refreshed as well). The computer was shutoff in the middle of writing files to the '/Applications' folder. So you need to finish whatever writing was intended. You should probably also run Disk Utility to see if the hard drive was damaged with this unexpected shutdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back