Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error when installing PSE400W2KR01 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraftsha

MIS
Sep 16, 2002
US
Hi!

I am trying to install this hotfix on my PS4 server. It was recently upgraded from PS3. When I try to launch the hotfix, I get an error that says "The Management Console for MetaFrame XP requires a minimum screen resolution of 800x600".

I am using RDP to get onto the server. The screen resolution says it is at 1024x768, 256 colors. I tried using the command mstsc -v:computername /f -console and that didn't help any. I tried launching from c:\ and d:\. I installed successfully on another server with same RDP client.

Any suggestions out there?

Change the resolution on the server console (not through RDP or ICA). I had to do this too before I could install it. Not sure why it's looking at the console, but it is.

Jay

*J*

Thanks Jay....I wasn't previously able to get on the actual console...I am in Wisconsin and my servers are in New York. I finally found out that the servers have ILO cards and that is the same as a console. These servers are also blade servers, so they really don't have consoles. I got on through the ILO console and the resolution was 640x480. I changed this and viola...success!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back