Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error when Data Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooseMan

IS-IT--Management
Aug 25, 2001
CA
I have a Financial Summary Report which is built on a query that draws from three tables and two other queries. One query calculates totals of amounts paid by administrator, and the other calculates Interest Totals owing for each Administrator.

My problem is that when I run the report for previous Crop Years IE 1999, 2000, 2001 it runs great without error. But when I run it for this crop year 2002 it shows $error. I believe the reason is because there are yet no Interest Totals in the database and therefore no "Interest Totals" data, but I do not know how to solve the problem.

I need the financial summary for 2002.

Any help would be great

Thanks in advance

Bruce

Try creating an outer join to the Interest Totals query. I will still bring back all the data from the other tables even if there is no data from the Interest Totals query.

Thank you very much for responding. I am fairly new to all of this so could you be rather explicit as to how I go about creating that "outer join"

Thnaks again

Thanks John with your suggestion I was able to ammend the join type to solve the problem

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back