Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error when connecting the hpdat dds4 drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

msyam

Technical User
Nov 20, 2001
MY
When doing the installation for the backup drive (HP-DAT DDS4 external) into my server (WIN NT4). All is ok. The processes are all ok where backup /restore can be carried out without any problem. Due to the need to check on hardware inside the server a few days ago, I have to disconnect the cable connection to the backup drive.

Earlier today, I connect back the backup drive cable to the server. The error message :- " 1702 - SCSI Cable Error detected, System Board System Halted " then came out after I restart the server.

Have tried to restart the server first before connecting the drive cable. The server still cannot detect the drive.
What's happening?.. What should I do?.. I need to get this drive up and running by today.
Thanks..

Not sure what level SCSI you are using (different cable types). You should remove the cable and check for bent pins. Also, you should try another cable to rule out the cable; if it's still a problem, I'd look at the possibility that the SCSI card is not working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back