Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error when attempting to log in new users

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasnorway

MIS
Jul 13, 1999
NO
Help! I am new to this deal so here goes. I have a single Domino mail server, I have gone in to register new users. This process seems to go without a problem.
It is when I attempt to log in the new use that I have the problem. I am using ver 5.07, The installation of the client software seems to go okay. When I click on Notes, I go through all the set up screens and get to "Congratulations, you have successfully setup Lotus Notes" from there I click on "Finish" It appears to get half way through the process (according to the blue bar) then I get the message "Replace exixting C:\Lotus\Notes\Data\user.id?"
If I choose yes, I get a message "No mor Name & Address book databases" I can click "okay" 3 times and the program shuts down.
If I choose no, I have to choose a name for the "new ID file", choosing a name, I still get the error message regarding the address book databases.
I do not see what I am doing wrong, I would appreciate any help that can be offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back